Thursday, June 16, 2011

[Wild Foods]


I have this problem. As far as I know there isn't a name for it but if I could make one up it would be "Egeovictusferus" (ee-geo-victus-faar-us) the definition of which would be..."the need to use every food you have access to, even wild ones".


A similar disease, that goes along with this one, is the desire to make/grow everything you need to survive. Seriously, who needs grocery stores?


Yet, the truth of the matter? I mostly eat foods from grocery stores. So I live in a state of... frustration and overweightness.


But! This year I started doing some of the things that I always said I would. Basically, putting all my research to work.

How? By making clover-granola and clover-flour (for bread making) and stir-frying burdock root and cattail shoots.


And you know what... I LOVE IT!


I've been having so much fun. And the food is delish! Amos even grunted an affirmative reply...which is miraculous.


I think I love it the most because I get to spent time outside to gather... singing worship songs as I sit and smell the sweetness of the summer air. There was a time in my life when I made sure to walk outside almost everyday because I did my devotions in the woods- and this has made me feel like I'm back there again. Where I was full of life and joy and God was near.


And maybe... just maybe- I am and He is.








No comments: