Monday, November 30, 2009

Tales of Christmas Ornaments Past...











I put up my tree the other night... I love all my ornaments. They all have stories. So, this year, I decided that I'm going to start a little book with the stories and a picture of each ornament- that way, I have the memories preserved for generations.

Like... The little miniature wrench that Amos used to play with when he was a boy. He kept it in his desk and created all sorts of little play things. Hay wagons, balers, etc... (we still have a few of them!) This specific wrench was bought for $2.00 of his own money. He still loves it as much now as he did then.
Or...The Mountain Dew ornament made for me by my husband our first Christmas. He claims that I must secretly like Mountain Dew (hardly) but either way, the back says that he likes me even more than he does his soda. That's awfully hefty praise.
Or...the Bride ornament that I received from Brianna the year I got married. It was a crazy year, full of adventures and questions and it all came to an end when I married the man of my dreams. Literally.
And, of course... the little red baby pajamas that Brianna gave me the year Eric was born. I was at college when he was born and when I got the news that he had arrived, I was so excited that I was shaking. I couldn't eat for at least a day and when I called home he cooed into the phone. He must have known that I loved him to pieces... even from hundreds of miles away.
The list could go on, of course. All my lovely ornaments. It'll be a great book.




1 comment:

Melody said...

I love how almost everything in your life has a story. I'm so boring. LOL, but it's ok. I'll just continue enjoying your stories.