Monday, September 21, 2009

Today.

This morning started in the usual way. Woke up when the alarm went off (my cell phone alarm, that is, which plays, "Hey, there Delilah..." because it's the only song that's on my phone that doesn't make me angry in the morning.)

I worked at paying the bills, which was a great joy. (that was sarcasm)

Eventually Mya showed up. She's such a little doll. We snuggled on the couch and she slept for a while and I read a bit of Israel, My Beloved. I have really enjoyed this book so far, although, I will warn anyone that it is long and at some points a bit dry. Still, since reading through the Bible this past summer- the book has come more alive.

After a bit, Mya and I ran to the bank. They all love seeing here there. We were standing at the window and I said, "This is Amy." Pointing to the teller. She looked at her, cocked her head a little then pointed at the customer at the next window, "Who's that?" She asked. I laughed and said, "Well, that I don't know." The man was gracious though and told me his name so that Mya could be satisfied. Too cute.

Saturday night I went with several people (including my darling husband) to see Julie & Julia. Note to others: Do not go to this movie hungry. My poor husband hadn't had dinner yet and was starving by the end. Other than that; excellent movie. Not for kids, of course, but very good nonetheless.

Now, I'm busy looking up the recipe for beef bourguignon. I think I'll make it next week.

We've finally started the series of interviews on Women of Promise. Which is exciting. There's another book giveaway there too. Fun stuff.

I've been doing a study on the book of Acts. I love it. I love it so bad. (as Brianna would say) I want... so desperately to slip back in time and ask the apostles a few questions. Like, "How did you do it!?" But instead, I do what is probably better, and keep crawling to Jesus saying, "What am I suppose to do with the mandate to go into all the world? How can I bring you glory? How can I help show them that you live!?"

I don't have all the answers yet. But since God is faithful, I reckon he'll either show me the answers or help me see a better question.

To Him Alone...

No comments: