Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"A simple woman's daybook"

Today:

Outside my window: sun. a cool breeze. freshly cut grass. children laughing.

I am thinking: about finding a new journal for my morning devotions.

From the learning rooms: I am trying to relearn how to crochet. I suffered from tendonitis in my wrist for so long that I didn't dare crochet for years. Now it's been better for about a year so I am attempting...

I am thankful for: my darling friend, Delite. She came and picked me up this morning and ran errands with me. Jocelyn was with us. She is such a beautiful little girl. Jesus, let her grow up to know you and follow you all the days of her life.

From the kitchen: We are low on groceries so this morning I gave my husband toast with apple butter. Then he ate a chocolate covered donut that he had leftover in the truck from his trip yesterday. I felt like a terrible wife... my husband was eating like a bachelor! I, on the other hand, had a strawberrry, pineapple, banana and rice milk smoothie. Then splurged while I was in town on a Cafe' au laite at the coffee shop.



I am wearing: Jeans, sneakers and a supergirl t-shirt. Not my normal attire (well, at least the supergirl t-shirt) but all my shirts were out on the line when we got the tail end of the last hurricane and I had to rewash them... so supergirl it is!

I am creating: a 2,000 word short story for a writing contest. The deadline just got extended so I'm not rushing as much as I was... but I'm hoping to get it finished and mailed by the end of the week.

I am reading: I just finished reading Blink of an Eye by Ted Dekker. Interesting. To say the least. Before that I read The Lights of Tenth Street by Shaunti Feldhahn.


I am hoping: That my husband will sell a tractor today. We already sold one but the guy reneged on his deal. It wasn't a pretty sight and if we weren't against sueing we could have gotten 3x the amount of the tractor. But we won't. We'll just pray and say, "Okay, God... now we need to pay the bills somehow."

I am hearing: My mother singing When the Saints by Sara Groves. We're suppose to do special music this next week and we're thinking about doing that song. "I see a young missionary and an angry spear, I see his children returning with no trace of fear... I see the long hard shadows of Calcutta nights, I see the sisters standing by the dying man's side...I see the young girl huddled on a brothel floor, I see a man of passion come and kicking down that door... And when the saints, Go marching in, I want to be one of them."

Around the house: The dishes are done. The living room clean. The bedroom okay except the folded clothes on the bed that need to be put away. A basket of potatoes is sitting in the kitchen that need to be washed and stored.

One of my favorite things: Fall. When the sun is shining and warm and the wind is cold.

A few plans for the week: Delite's birthday "get away" (we're going to a hotel over night for a little "pow-wow") and on Saturday the women's retreat in Seneca Falls. We're doing the worship time.

1 comment:

Blessed Among Women said...

:) Sounds like you're blessed! I love that song by Sara Groves by the way!